Sunday, May 10, 2009
My surgery
On Friday, I was suppose to have a very simple surgery to remove a polyp on my uterus. Once the dr. got in there, he realized that I didn't have a polyp, but that my uterus had collapsed. He told Kevin that a normal uterus is suppose to be 8 cm and mine had collapsed about 1 1/2 cm. He had to cut the uterus open, push it back into place, and then seal it back together. So, basically a surgery that was suppose to be no pain, turned into a very painful experience. I am still in a great deal of pain today, but am trying not to take my pain pills because they make me very tired and fuzzy headed. I have to take tomorrow off to still recover, but hopefully I will be able to go back to school on Tuesday. We are suppose to go back to the dr. next week to discuss our next step. I will post a new blog about those details soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Awww... I'm so sorry, Kristy! That totally stinks! Don't be afraid of the pain pills though - they are there to help. And if you're at home then who cares if you're tired and fuzzy headed - better than being in pain I say. Hopefully next week the doctor has good news. Hugs!!!
ReplyDeleteAww Kristy! I'm so sorry girl! I hope you get to feeling well very soon. I will keep you (and Kevin) in my prayers.
ReplyDelete