Wednesday, April 29, 2009

How a dog prepares you for motherhood...

I have had my precious miniature pinscher for almost 3 years. She has been the perfect dog until this last October. First, she got really sick and we rushed her to the emergency clinic. We found out that she had pancreatitis (not sure if that is the correct spelling). So, for 2 weeks she had to be on a bland diet, which means no more pupperonis (these are her absolute favorite!). Shortly after that, we found out that she was diabetic and would require insulin shots. She gets a shot twice a day... poor Kevin, I wake him up every morning at 6am to help me out. Because of the diabetes she has gone blind... it breaks my heart everytime she bumps into the wall. Lately she has been having accidents while she sleeps. We bought her a softsided cage to sleep in, but the smell of pee has gotten horrible. I decided to buy her some diapers to sleep in at night thinking that this will fix the bad smell in our bedroom.




As cute as she looks in them, she absolutely hates them. It is so funny when you put them on her. At first she won't move an inch and then she starts bucking like a bull trying to get them off. The diapers have not made it through the night. She somehow gets them off. So, I went and bought some onesies for her to wear so the diapers will stay on.

I was so sure that this was going to work. Can you believe that my little stinker got the onesie and diaper off without unbuttoning the onesie! She is truly a Houdini!
I think after everything we have been through with her, I am definitely ready for almost anything motherhood has for me!

1 comment:

  1. Oh no you didn't! We have that onsie for Kayla! But I am amazed at your Houdini dog!

    ReplyDelete