Friday, February 26, 2010

3 Weeks in the Hospital

Wow, I can't believe I have been in here for 3 weeks! It seems to have gone by fast, yet really slow... weird, huh? There isn't much to do when you can just sit in a bed all day. Thank goodness the Olympics have been on or else I would have gone really crazy! I did get to see the record snow fall from my bed. Here are so pictures that Kevin took.

About a week and half ago, we got moved to a larger room. It has been nice to have a little more room to move around. Kevin stays almost every night, he has been so wonderful!

My contractions have been getting worse the longer I have been in here. They were so bad on Wednesday that we thought the babies were coming. I had to get several shots of a medicine called Terbutaline, which stops the contractions. My dr. decided that I should have a pump inserted so that I am getting the Terbutaline continously. I have been on the pump almost 24 hours now. It is a little uncomfortable, but I can deal with it as long as it stops the contractions. If the contractions slow down a lot, I get to go home as early as tomorrow!

The boys are growing so fast and have been so active while I have been in here! Yesterday Baby A measured 5lbs 6oz and Baby B measured 4lbs 8oz! Baby A kicks almost all day long and is really starting to bother Baby B, he tries to get away from the kicks by hiding under my ribs... painful!

We are so anxious to meet our baby boys we can hardly stand it! The maximum time we will have to wait is 4 1/2 more weeks!!!

1 comment:

  1. Let me know if you ever need anything. I'll be more than happy to bring you those magazines I was telling you about. I'm overflowing! =)

    ReplyDelete