On Thursday, March 25th, Kevin and I headed to our dr. for an appointment. I had just gotten out of the hospital on the Tuesday before, so she just wanted to check fluid levels and heartbeats. The sonogram went great. The babies were kicking up a storm and the sono tech kept giggling about it. She said that the babies looked great and sent us on to see our dr. I was still have minor contractions but nothing huge and they were getting a little more frequent since I had taken the terbutaline pump off 2 days before. As Dr. Kindrick walks in the door of our exam room she says, "Do you want to have some babies today?" We looked at her stunned, we thought she was kidding! When we didn't respond immediately she said she thought we would be excited to hear that. I told her I was, but just shocked! She told us that Baby B's fluid was a little too low and that he would be better off being born than continuing inside me. This was all at 11:30 in the morning. She said that we had to be back up to the hospital at 1pm and the c-section would be around 3:30pm. We ran home to pack bags and call everyone. We got back up to the hospital at 1pm and I was put in the triage room. My parents and Kevin's mom and sister joined us soon after. A little before 3, I was wheeled into the operation room. At 3:41pm, Cade Saxton was born and at 3:43pm, Bryce Phillip was born!

Here they are just minutes after being born! A NICU nurse was in the operation room and she said they were perfect, so they didn't have to spend even 1 minute in NICU!

Aren't they precious!?! We still can't believe they are ours!
Precious! So excited for you!
ReplyDeleteBelieve it, baby! I love that his hand is in that picture- shows how small they really are! I'm so glad they didn't have to go to NICU! You went through enough, didn't need to add that. They look good cleaned up though - super cute! I think it was days before we got a picture of Kayla with her freakin eyes open! Anyway - congrats, again!
ReplyDeleteThey are perfect! Congratulations!!
ReplyDeleteAnd I had no idea we use the same doctor!! I love her!
They're so cute and perfect! What a great story to tell! Very exciting! Hopefully you have help these first couple weeks so you can get adjusted. Enjoy every moment cause it goes fast especially with 2 little ones taking all your time!
ReplyDeleteWonderful!!!!!
ReplyDeleteCongrats!! They are adorable! :)
ReplyDelete